ACVOKE Cable Spikers
Saving lives of people working with high voltage electric cables
The ACVOKE Cable Spikers manufactured by Accles & Shelvoke Ltd are high quality and durable safety tools used worldwide in the electrical distribution sector.
They are the safest and most effective way of ensuring high voltage cables are dead and safe to work on.
The cartridge* powered tool when fired drives a steel spike through high voltage electricity cables to short circuit the power and making the cable dead, thereby ensuring the safety of the workers.
They are robust and reliable safety tools suitable for use with all cable designs and for penetrating all forms of single and multiple conductor laminated, polymeric, elastomeric, unshielded, shielded, concentric neutral, interlock armoured, steel wire armoured, leaded cover and other applicable cable types.
The ACVOKE Cable Spiker is available in standard, mini and heavy-duty versions:
- The Standard Cable Spiker* can accommodate cables up to 110mm diameter carrying voltages up to 275KV.
- The Mini Cable Spiker is used for spiking cable of up to 295 mm diameter, carrying voltage up to 200kv.
- The Heavy-Duty Cable Spiker version is also available for cables up to 150mm diameter carrying voltages up to 400KV.
The Standard Cable Spiker also comes with a blade removal accessory - the ACVOKE Cable Spiker Jack, which is used to remove the blade after spiking polymeric cables.
*The cartridges used in the Cable Spiker are .44” calibre blank cartridges with the hazard category of 1.4S and the class UN0014 (small arms safety blank cartridges, not liable to explode in bulk).
- Ease of Use - Easy to assemble and simple to operate.
- Quality - A high quality, robust and durable safety tool suitable for all cable designs.
- Versatility - Suitable for penetrating every form of normally applied cable coverings with a wide range of cartridge strengths.
- Portability – The tool needs no external power source, as the blank cartridges can be used anywhere for firing it.
- Operator Safety – A long lanyard and release pin completely separates the operator from the tool at the moment of firing.
- Safety Catch - A unique self-setting safety system eliminates the risk of the operator inadvertently firing the tool when setting up.
We provide a comprehensive service and repair facility by our highly trained engineers.
As the fitting of most parts often requires detailed instructions or expert knowledge, it is generally advisable to return the Cable Spiker back to us for a full inspection and test.
We will provide the quotation on inspection of the tool, which will list the service charges and replacement parts required.
Service and repair facility is for UK customers only. Overseas customers are advised to contact their local distributor.
Contact us to book service or repair.